Labels

Monday, November 14, 2011

Xi'an City Wall International Marathon

Last weekend I participated in the Xi'an Marathon. No, I didn't run a full marathon. I entered into the men's 13.7K race. A fellow english teacher signed me up, and we both trained for a few weeks leading up to the race. I wanted to run in the 5K, but somehow I was entered into the 13.7K instead...oh well.

The race took place on top of Xi'an's City Wall, which made the event pretty awesome. Race day was cold and rainy, just how I like it. My race kicked off at 9:30, which was far to early to for any weekend activity, especially running. The 13.7K is one lap around the City Wall.

Me and my student Leaf before the race
Cant have a sporting event without a mascot. I guess marathons are not the exception.

Here I am with a bunch of Chinese people I dont know. This happens to me a lot.


Women's 13.7K as they head to the starting line.


At the starting line...wish me luck

The 13.7K is a little over 8.5 miles. It is the longest run I have ever done competitively. I placed 52nd in the race, finishing in just over an hour.

1 comment: