Labels

Saturday, August 27, 2011

My teaching schedule

Yesterday I was finally briefed on my teaching responsibilities. I met with the Dean of the International School who emphasized the importance of encouraging students to speak in class. My supervisor gave me my weekly teaching schedule and my class materials.

Class Schedule. I teach Tuesday through Saturday for a total of 22 hours/week.
All of my classes except for the one on Friday are in the Sino-Canadian program. These students take classes here at Siyuan University, but graduate with a degree from Mohawk College in Canada. It is one of the more rigorous programs offered at this university. The Sino-Canadian program has its classes on a different campus that is about a ten minute walk from my dorm. The other class is on the main campus.

The main building on the International campus, home of the Sino-Canadian program. The other campuses have distinctly chinese architecture.
 I will have a text book to work with for my Tuesday and Wednesday morning classes and my Thursday afternoon classes. These students are Sophomores and Freshmen with basic english skills. My Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning classes have not textbook and are with upperclassmen who are more advanced. My Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon classes are one-on-one tutoring sessions with two freshmen students who I met with yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment